Volunteer Position Description
Noongar Radio is looking to form a team of volunteers that are passionate about telling the stories of Boorloo and assisting our radio station serve our community and our mission.
– Generating ideas and researching content
– Booking guests and contributors
– Writing interview questions and scripts
– Recording and editing packages
– Assisting the presenters and producer with uploading content onto our website
Hours: 4-5 hrs per week with additional opportunities for live broadcasts, training opportunities and optional ad-hoc field interviews and reporting
This is an amazing opportunity to develop your media skills while helping to tell the stories of Boorloo. You will be working with Noongar Radio’s flagship programs to develop news, current affairs, culture and arts content that reflect the diversity of our community.
Noongar Radio is Boorloo’s (Perth’s) only First Nations community radio station, we are a uniqure broadcaster in our city and play an important role in the community. This position is open to everybody who would like to contribute to our mission, both Indigenous and non-Indigenous people.
|Skills This is an entry-level position and appropriate in-house training will be provided. There may also be the option of additional accredited or professional training in the future. |
– Basic computer skills
– Basic literacy skills
– Ability to learn to use studio and recording equipment
– Ability to speak to people on the phone and to write emails